Leading effective teamwork
Leading self-managing teams differs from leading individuals. This course will give you tools to build high performing teams.
You have heard stories of brilliant teamwork, or experienced it yourself.
- How well is it happening in your current organization?
- How are your Scrum or Kanban teams really doing?
Teamwork multiplies the productivity and agility of the work. It means that people share workload, knowledge and leadership, and the team improves together.
This training gives the tools to build productive teamwork. You may apply similar means in distributed teams, networks and the larger organization. You may use them already tomorrow.
Leaders and coaches in agile teams, projects and leadership teams. True understanding of group dynamics is essential for all situational leaders.
R&D managers and CxOs who decide about the boundary conditions for teamwork.
After the training you are able to:
- Create the pre-conditions for the teamwork.
- Recognize the phases of the teamwork and important group dynamic phenomena.
- Chooce the best leadership approach for the situation.
- Apply building teamwork for distributed teams and networks.
Two days, max 16 participants.
The training is based on experiential learning. It demonstrates group leadership by taking the group through team development phases, from forming to mature work group and ending. We will practice reflection – the training group acts as it’s own case study. The people in networks have similar ancient and unconscious needs as they have in groups. We will learn to work with these needs and to lead people in networks.
We will practise situational leadership and facilitation. The participants will analyze the conditions for teamwork at their own organization, and plan effective and doable actions to support real teamwork.
- Preconditions for successful teamwork
- The perspective of individual
- Unspoken social questions
- Principal task and side task
- Leading the forming phase
- Leading towards a productive team (storming, norming, performing)
- Team roles
- Leading networks
- Scrum, Kanban and teamwork
- Resistance and defensing in groups
- Conflict resolution, learning and feedback
- Processing the ending (adjourning)
Please inquire by email from if.iesog@iesog